My head has finally cleared after the effects of a drunken night -- I accomplished absolutely NOTHING at work today. The city was blanketed in fog and so was my head for the best part of the day. We had an impromptu works gathering last night (I THINK it was to celebrate our tenth anniversay, but the details weren't too clear after a couple of downtown cosmo's) and I ended up locking lips with Patrick for the second time. We managed to make it to a pub for last orders and ended up sitting there at 3 AM holding hands across the table. I remember clinging in a manner of speaking, to his hands. It is such a small gesture but it brought home to me how lonely I have been. The smallest act of physical contact -- holding hands -- broke me so completely.
He drove me home and we kissed. I felt real emotion for the first time since Craig's death.
This is my greatest act
I've come boomeranging back
Grinning like a Rudolph Valentino
But then you grab your travel log
Like a swingin' grinnin' dog
And hop on that fast boat to Sydney
Coz I'm a cheat and I'm a liar
But you're a lovin' ball of fire
Honey I'll leave you like a bum without a penny
And while I'm home with the blues
I'll be hopping like a kangaroo
When I get off of that fast boat to Sydney -- Fast Boat to Sydney, June Carter & Johnny Cash
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment