There are other things that happen in my life, other than Craig's suicide. It's just that in context they are really not that important -- like the 'garlicky vegetables' mentioned above.
Last night I went to see 'Brokeback Mountain' at the movies with a co-worker (female, no love on the horizon yet.) I was blown away by the movie -- the scenery alone (filmed in Alberta) was enough to knock your socks off. I have flown over the region and from the sky it looked like an immense chocolate cake dusted with icing sugar -- you could almost open wide and BITE right into it.
Dubbed as the 'gay cowboy' movie it is a heartbreaking account of two people conforming to ideals and not following their hearts until the bitter end when it is far too late to do so. Scenes of Ennis clutching on to personal momentos brought on the tear machine. I now vow to do what makes me happy.
Following the movie Anayis and I went for a horrible meal at Montana's. I had what sounded like what was going to be a real treat -- beef and yorkshire pud -- but actually turned out to be rather icky beef, with a cold pud and garlicky mashed potatos (ok....mashed with garlic, yeah ok....we can do that) but then it seemed like someone in the kitchen had decided that sticking a shitload of garlic onto the vegetables just for the hell of it, would actually be a good idea. They were HORRIBLE....and I love my veggies normally. A brand spanking new yorky pud still didn't up my estimations so I left with a 'No more Montana's for me' sign on my forehead.
It is Saturday morning. I am drinking tea, receiving text messages from Jackey and updating my blog.
I have to work today.
Still no pills. We could write that two ways, like:
Still, no pills.
Or just as I did originally, they both mean something slightly different.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment